As always, the party cup overfloweth in SF as burners make their annual migration into the sea of funfur and sparklepants. Besides the great shindigs listed in the paper in this week's Super Ego nightlife column, here are a few more stones to throw at your Exodus hangover ...
Inimitably endearing drag mother Cookie Dough has been haulin' it out for almost a decade -- and we love her stable of sweet-fierce queens. This week at the Edge in the Castro, an "all-star" cast, including Heklina, Sue Casa, Ethel Merman, Landa Lakes, Fruitbomb, and many more let loose. Lipsync for all!
Thu/22, 9pm, $5. The Edge, 4149 18th St, SF. Facebook Invite
The upcoming Symbiosis Fest (Sept. 19-22) is a humdinger this year, with a star-packed lineup sure to draw attention beyond the lovely spiritual-aural yogic wanderers who make up its core base. Here's the pre-party with Droog, Ana Sia, Amirali, JoBot, and more.
Thu/22, 9pm-late, $15-$20. Public Works, 161 Erie, SF. www.publicsf.com
The Lights Down Low parties have been killing it forever, but even moreso lately -- I can hardly keep up with all their bookings! Aaaaand here comes another great one. Most folks claim that SMD is one of the best live acts going. Check the Brit duo out for yourself, as well as openers Curses! and Egyptrixx.
Fri/23,9pm-late, $20. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.mezzaninesf.com
Lately working in the Disclosure vein, this 21-year-old Australian cutie's best work also bridges the gap between the trip-hop revival and big-room boom-boom.
Sat/24, 8:30pm, $20. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.mezzaninesf.com
Um, who can resist this, based solely on flyer? "Human cat" and damn fine DJ Primo throws down a set of rockin' 45s -- dig into some fish and chips at the Castle and get down with your paws up.
Sat/24, 9pm, $3. Edinburgh Castle, 950 Geary, SF. Facebook invite
Outrageously fun 10-piece live contemporary disco band will steam up your glasses. Must be seen to be believed. But you may be too busy dancing to look up.
Sun/25, 8pm, $15. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.mezzaninesf.com
Most Commented On
- I really appreciated "I'm - December 10, 2013
- Tech Workers - December 10, 2013
- Unlike how now that progressives somewhat have the upper hand - December 10, 2013
- Why would someone give money to - December 10, 2013
- The SFBC is permeated with affluent privileged whites. - December 10, 2013
- I'm actually fine with legalizing pot. - December 10, 2013
- I do my part to help illegals. - December 10, 2013
- All minimum wage laws kill jobs. - December 10, 2013
- Marcus Books is a book store that only employs blacks and only - December 10, 2013
- Am I the only one who is sick to the hind teeth with - December 10, 2013